An online hackathon has been launched in order to bring the community together and quickly find solutions that can help alleviate the challenges currently facing Cambodia as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
Initiated by Impact Hub Phnom Penh, Slash and NIPTICT, the event will take place online, so anyone across the country can take part. The Hackathon will start on Friday 3rd April and finish on Sunday 5th April. The event has already garnered support from the Ministry of Education, Youth & Sports, and the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications.
What is a hackathon?
In a hackathon, people come together to create solutions and concepts from scratch in a short amount of time. Over the course of the weekend, people all over Cambodia will join forces to create innovative solutions to the corona crisis.
The hackathon will help teams to develop ideas that:
- are prototypable in 48 hours and help solve the crisis;
- are helping saving lives, business, and communities
- will help Cambodia thrive post-crisis
Everyone is invited to take part and cooperate to find solutions that will help Cambodia during the crisis.
Want to get involved? Here’s how:
- Submit a problem or idea : Submit a problem you or your community has experienced as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, or submit an idea you think could help
Submitting a problem/idea doesn’t mean you have to take part in the hackathon
- Join the hackathon : Apply to join this hackathon and create a team, ideate and prototype solutions for your community in just 48 hours
- Become a mentor : Work alongside a selection of teams by offering guidance, support and advice, so they can get their solution in operation as soon as possible.
- Support an idea/project: Support an idea that could make a difference through your company, NGO, or ministry.
This could be through sponsorship/funding, offering staff time to develop the solution, or any other form of ongoing support. Express your interest here for more information.
For more information about the hackathon:
- Follow the Facebook page and join the Facebook event for more details
- Check out the website here
- Fill in this form if you’d like to be sent regular updates
About the organisers:
Impact Hub Phnom Penh is a social enterprise and community for young, impact-focused entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders, with a goal to inspire and enable the next generation of leaders to build businesses that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. Their active and growing community has supported over 600 entrepreneurs since its inception in 2015.
For more information please contact:
Olivia Hough email@example.com
Slash is a hi-tech Startup Studio with a mission to build tech products that empower the people & planet. Their clients are global. In addition, they build and invest our own startups and commercialize them through joint ventures in ASEAN and Europe. They work on a wide-range of technologies: web, mobile, AI, blockchain, cloud, microservices & middlewares, etc. They also own/run a social startup called Startup Jungle with the main mission to inspire and enable the tech ecosystem.
Pisethneat Pich (Nick), firstname.lastname@example.org
National Institute of Posts, Telecoms, and ICT
NIPTICT is a research and training institute founded by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications of Cambodia (MPTC). NIPTICT built with three missions to accomplish: 1) Provision of quality Higher Education and Professional Training; 2) Research and advancement of knowledge; and 3) Innovation and entrepreneurship for better academic and society services.
For more information please contact:
Mr. Be Chantra